Monday, July 25, 2011

Hummingbird Hawks


As the summer continues here at HummerLand . . . 




I've had some photographers stop by to try their hand at capturing my little gems. I think a couple of them are hooked and may be coming back.



Yesterday afternoon we had another violent thunderstorm move through. High winds took  down five large trees on our property.  Our electricity was lost but restored again in about three hours. This morning a group of residents survey the storm's damage.



While attempting to photograph the hummingbirds today, a Hummingbird Hawk Moth attached itself to my lens. I ran inside and got my point and shoot and got a photo of it before I shooed it away. It's an interesting creature with an uncanny similarity in size, shape and color to my little bird buddies.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, that is so good of you to allow those hummer-mad bird-lovers to come and photograph at your place. And I am sorry to hear about the bad storms you are having back east. All of you in Hummerland stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. Your input is appreciated! (No word verification needed.)